Career & Employment Opportunities
Join our growing team whose work celebrates the arts’ ability to improve personal health and community wellbeing! The Foundation for Art & Healing is always looking for passionate changemakers who can help advance our mission to improve health and wellbeing through creative expression. Explore this page for any potential employment opportunities.
We encourage you to also read about our Mission and Creative Expression Strategy. If you’re not finding the right role, see how you might be able to make a difference in your community with some of our free creative resources.
Digital Content and Community Engagement Manager
Worried about the world? We are, too. We are a small but mighty team, tapping into our superpowers to meet the challenges of an increasingly lonely and disconnected society. To do that, we need a savvy, high-energy, and entrepreneurial Digital Content and Community Engagement Manager. Why this position now? It’s because we’re entering a period of organizational growth and national attention fueled by the recent publication of our leader Dr. Jeremy Nobel’s book, Project UnLonely: Healing Our Crisis of Disconnection.
The Foundation for Art & Healing (FAH) develops innovative, creative expression-based programs that alleviate urgent personal and public health issues. Launched in 2016, our signature initiative, Project UnLonely, is a recognized and respected name in fighting the national epidemic of loneliness. The Project UnLonely portfolio includes programs that raise awareness, reduce stigma, and offer easily deployed and scalable solutions for community-based organizations, employers, colleges and universities, health systems, and insurers.
We have a lot going for us. With the successful launch of Dr. Nobel’s highly praised book, a tested portfolio of compelling programs that are ready to scale, and increasingly recognized as thought leaders in the emerging field of loneliness, we are ready to create profound change. As the Digital Content and Community Engagement Manager, you will play a critical, hands-on role in two ways 1) leveraging your technology skills with digital platforms to help us implement our programs and 2) using your social skills and entrepreneurial nature to build personal relationships, affinity groups, and community around our programs.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Creating and maintaining digital resources for our clients
- Coordinating and publishing Project UnLonely Films and film guides on our website
- Recruiting and engaging stakeholders around our Project UnLonely Films
- Supporting facilitators in their efforts to implement our Colors & Connection program
Today’s world requires high-impact solutions that address the physical, mental, and social health needs of our diverse communities. Your work with us will inspire and empower many, bringing hope and healing through creativity and the arts.
With the opportunity to work remotely, the location of this position is flexible; however, it is important that it be within reasonable travel distance to New York City for in-person meetings when necessary. The Digital Content and Community Engagement Manager will report directly to the Senior Director of Programs, while also working closely with all team members. We’ll have your back, and you’ll have ours.
Although we are a non-profit organization, talented mission-driven renegades from the private sector are encouraged to apply!
Here’s a little more detail on what you’ll bring:
- Experience in community-building, community engagement, and marketing for mission-driven organizations.
- Digital and technical proficiency in CMS, WordPress- Divi Builder, website development and maintenance, website analytic tools, database management, and UX and UI understanding and experience.
- Strong project management skills. You notice every detail and are a whiz at making a work plan to get things done. Then, you get things done.
- Experience with tracking and reporting on key metrics for programs and digital platforms to assess performance against goals.
- Problem-solving skills. You quickly see problems and get energized to find solutions.
- You’re a clear communicator with strong written and verbal skills.
- You are equally comfortable managing digital content as you are building relationships.
- Added plus: You have graphic design experience.
If you don’t have experience with every one of these items or digital platforms, that’s ok. We believe that this position can be a growth opportunity for a person who shares our passion and is excited to advocate for arts and health.
USD $50,000 – USD $65,000 / year
How to Apply
Please submit as one PDF file with your full name:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position, how you heard about it, and your relevant skills and experience. Please also include an example from your experience or observation of when using a digital platform made a difference in an organization’s ability to deliver its mission.
- Resume and/or CV
Only complete applications will be considered.
Send to: [email protected] with “Digital Content and Community Engagement Manager” in the subject line.