Career & Employment Opportunities
Join our growing team whose work celebrates the arts’ ability to improve personal health and community well-being.
The Foundation for Art & Healing is always looking for passionate changemakers who can help advance our mission to improve health and well-being through creative expression. Explore this page for any potential employment opportunities.
We encourage you to also read about our Mission and Creative Expression Strategy. If you’re not finding the right role, see how you might be able to make a difference in your community with some of our free creative resources.
Director of Marketing & Communications
The Foundation for Art & Healing (FAH) is navigating dynamic opportunities as we promote the benefits of creative expression to meet the health challenges of an increasingly strained society. Growing demands for impactful, innovative and equitable approaches to improving individual and community health have expanded world-wide receptivity and response to FAH and its signature initiative: Project UnLonely. Moving forward, FAH is now recruiting a savvy and detailed-oriented Director of Marketing & Communications to join the team.
The Director of Marketing & Communications will report to the CEO and be responsible for positioning and promoting FAH across all media channels, events and speaking opportunities. He/She/They will take a strategic, hands-on and ambassadorial approach to marketing and communications, engage the foundation’s multiple partners, supporters, beneficiary groups and related audiences to reinforce FAH subject-matter leadership and encourage and promote engagement and dialogue.
Additionally, the Director of Marketing & Communications will work closely with the CEO and other senior executives to advance the growth and development of the organization’s key programs through developing and executing strategic, effective and well targeted promotional communication and messages.
With the opportunity to work remotely and participate in meetings via Zoom and similar, the location of the position is flexible. However, it is important that it be within reasonable travel distance to New York City for in-person meetings when called for. Although we are a non-profit organization, talented mission-driven renegades from the private sector are encouraged to apply!
Brand Development and Ongoing Brand Management
● Articulate and build a unified brand character that carries across all FAH products, programs, awareness campaigns/activations and messaging
o Position FAH as an authority and leader in championing the arts as a timely, urgent and innovative means to improve health and wellbeing for individuals and the community
o Develop clear and consistent messaging to build brand equity and accelerate audience engagement
o Articulate major market needs that FAH is positioned to support and illustrate its unique value proposition in addressing them
Marketing/Communications Plan (Design; Execution; Optimization)
● Develop and implement a milestone driven marketing and communications plan, including a strategy to achieve brand positioning goals, product and program promotion, communications infrastructure development and maintenance and public/external relations
● Develop and deliver messaging strategically directed at target audiences, with greatest opportunity to:
o Build the FAH brand
o Promote and respond to funding opportunities
o Develop and maintain partnerships
o Elicit positive responses to Calls of Action that enable mission-driven results
● Ensure the Marketing Communications plan includes the following critical elements:
A. Thought Leadership
Create a communications strategy that positions FAH as a thought leader in Arts and Health
o Oversee the creation of thought leadership pieces written by the CEO and other leaders in the field, ensuring placement in relevant forums
o Identify and secure appropriate speaking opportunities
o Work with the Program team on synthesizing primary research that provides clear data/health results illustrating the positive impact of the arts on health and wellbeing
o Produce blog posts and newsletter content
B. Media Outreach
Build broad awareness of FAH mission and programs, utilizing all media channels to reach potential partners, sponsors, and any person who benefits from FAH programs
o Develop and manage the editorial calendar, engaging writers, and proofreaders
o Create, implement, and oversee social media and website strategy
o Create digital content to engage and serve our audiences, creating brand loyalty and progressive engagement activities
o Draft and distribute press releases on various announcements, engage with media for stories, etc.
C. Program Promotion and Positioning
Develop messaging and produce collateral materials (print and digital) to support programs, partnership and sponsorship needs
D. Event Marketing
Arrange and promote involvement in conferences, symposia, and other speaking opportunities around the US and world
FAH Program Growth
● Work with the senior leadership team to grow and scale innovative FAH programs, emphasizing their effectiveness, scalability and sustainability
FAH Ambassador and Champion
● Serve as an ambassador and champion for the organization with the conviction and passion to inspire involvement across all stakeholder groups
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
● Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field. Master’s degree in any of these areas is an advantage
● 5 years demonstrable experience in marketing, preferably with a focus on healthcare, wellness/well-being, the expressive arts, including performance and/or education focused arts organizations and museums, equity and inclusion initiatives, or community development
● Demonstrated hands-on professional writing experience with responsibility for producing quality text/copy relevant to the field of marketing and communications–press releases, promotional material, white papers, blogs, newsletters and/or similar instruments
● Strong project management experience, results-oriented with a high attention to detail, ability to quickly adapt, learn, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a demanding, fast-paced environment
● Proven experience developing and executing marketing plans and campaigns
● Experience creating and implementing a fully integrated marketing communications strategy
● Collaboration/coordination experience with key stakeholder groups is an advantage
● Demonstrated experience in seeking and identifying opportunities, including learning new methodologies; Building relationships, and raising program and leadership visibility to amplify the mission and work of the organization is an advantage
● Direct experience with building a brand that represents a rapidly growing organization is an advantage
● Familiarity with the issues and concerns of FAH target audiences in the community, including youth at risk, workplace populations, older adults, campus, LGBTQ+ and BIPOC populations is an advantage
● Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills; with special ability to articulate and present a wide variety of complex material for multiple-dimensional audience groups, produce press releases and public announcements
● Strong project management, multi-tasking and decision-making ability
● Ability to work efficiently (whether independently or in collaboration) to accomplish multiple goals in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
● Strong professional writing skills, with the talent to compose compelling and succinct copy to reach and effectively engage a wide range of audiences
● Strong listening, analytical, strategic, and creative skills, with a collaborative orientation
● Proficient in digital and traditional communication channels
● A continuous learner with an ability to quickly adapt and work in a demanding environment with a strong work ethic
Compensation is commensurate with experience
Please submit as one file, in PDF—with your full name in the file name.
1. Your CV
2. A Cover Letter that answers the following application questions:
● How did you find out about this position?
● Why are you interested in the work of the Foundation for Art & Healing?
● What skills, passions or experiences will make you successful in this role?
● Describe an especially challenging experience that you faced as a member of a professional work team. What was the situation, what did you do, what was the outcome, what did you learn?
Send to: [email protected] Please put Director of Marketing & Communications in the subject line and save your file with your full name.
Only complete applications will be considered
October 15, 2021
As soon as possible
FOR QUESTIONS / MORE INFORMATION
For information on The Foundation for Art & Healing, please visit www.artandhealing.org
For questions and more information about this recruitment, you are welcome to contact Naomi Nobel, [email protected].
The Foundation for Art & Healing embraces diversity and equal opportunity.
The more inclusive we are, the better we can meet our mission.