STUCK AT HOME (TOGETHER)

This is Where
We Connect
Notifications
Clear all

Reflecting on our time Stuck at Home.  

Page 1 / 2

(@frank)

What do you miss the most about the outside world? Conversely, what do you like the most about social isolation? 

Feel free to write a few words or upload a photo, video, or any other creative snapshot of your Stuck at Home life.  

19 Replies
(@frank)

Hello everyone, my name is Frank, I am the moderator of this Story Share page for Stuck at Home (together). I'm extremely excited about this new forum and to see what you all have to say, but there are a few posts from the last version of Story Share that I want to make sure we don't lose. I'll be posting them below: 

10 Replies
(@frank)

Katie C wrote... 

"I miss hugs. I miss my job. I’m a bartender so I’m currently laid off."

But... 

"I love that I get to spend all my time with my dog. Fresh air. Life slowed down a little bit. Always rushing before... I’ve noticed more of the little things and been more grateful!"

E6F17A5B 75C8 4734 B9CA 4B6A3E1E1853 (1)

(@frank)

Rosaline C wrote that she misses... 

"The sound of crashing waves and deep breaths of salty, ocean air walking my favourite beach in Donegal, Ireland"

But...

"I am finally getting around to working on a personal website, writing about life in Ireland. It is http://rosalinecallaghan.com&source=gmail&ust=1586024319015000&usg=AFQjCNHnPFCu79HVPpmLWAiXw4a-z3g9c Q">rosalinecallaghan.com. It is a work of love and should be well completed by the time I finish my 12 weeks at home. I have to shield as I have hereditary amyloidosis and highly vulnerable. Love to you all. Stay safe.”

Irish paths

(@frank)

Elisabeth R wrote, 

"I miss hugging my friends and family! Working on projects together (we’re a bunch of crafters and builders and educators).”

But...

She's like “Being able to let my body adapt to its natural night own rhythms and sleep as late as I want.”

(@frank)

Julia F wrote that she's missed...

“The lack of physical activity and personal contacts, particularly dance classes with friends.”

But she's liked... 

"Not being overextended or racing just to keep abreast. Choosing what I think is important and pushing myself to do THAT."

Julia F Quar

(@frank)

Katie D wrote... 

“I’ve missed being able to see, face-to-face, people who I am close with – parents, siblings, my new baby niece.”

But...

"I made over a storage room into a yoga/meditation room and have maintained a consistent home practice.”

Image from iOS 1 scaled

(@luckyvic)

@frank Wow great yoga room and consistent practice.  Wonderful - keep going.  Namaste 🙏 

(@frank)

Danette C wrote she misses...

“The choice of going somewhere.”

But... 

"Everyone else around the world is just like me, stuck at home. I have pets which really keep me busy.”

MrTb

(@frank)

Phillip M wrote... 

“I miss being with my friends and family. Sharing laughs and food and love and fellowship.”

But... 

"I am sharpening my photographic skills."

Friday sunrise in Palm Beach

(@doctorj)

I really love the image of the sun setting (or maybe rising?) against the horizon where sky meets the water. Both calming and reassuring. Thanks Phil M.! Lets see some more! 😀 

(@brad123)

@frank These posts are great! I notice that pets have been a theme in this thread. Glad people are finding outlets during this time...

Admin
(@katie)

I've missed my routine of working from coffee shops where I can enjoy a cup of coffee and see friends. But, I'm happy to be spending more time outside with my dog Kiko! 

IMG 3415
(@robert1)

I miss the simplicity of stepping out my door... not having to worry about sanitizers and masks... and seeing random people smiling when walking down the street (now you have to see it in their eyes).  But I do like zoom meetings and seeing everyone's home in the background... a little glimpse into their personal lives. And keeping with the dog theme of others in the group, I also like hanging with Brody 🙂

56649938196  E7B4B496 CDB3 44C8 ACA2 9787C9710AE9
(@doctorj)

One thing I really appreciate is that people have been able to maintain their sense of humor, despite everything that is going on, and all the stress!

Elmo and Covid19
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Make. Share. Reflect.

NOTE:  We’re glad you’re here to explore these forums, but to join in the discussions you’ll need to login or register.

Our Community Forums are a place for us to contribute our ideas, thoughts, and feelings about these strange days through creativity, plus respond to what others are sharing in the conversation.

Click to try our Story Share forum in reply to the prompt questions we offer to “prime the pump.”

Click to dive into our Creativity Challenges to step into a new way of interacting with people and situations.

Don’t forget, creativity takes many forms! From doodling to gardening, poetry to photography, writing to singing, and everything in between. They all help us get to know more about the real you.  And we can’t wait to hear!

Host Your Own Creative Social

We’ve put together a step-by-step plan you can download that makes it easy!

Subscribe to
Stuck at Home (together)!

We'll let you know when new Creativity Challenges are available, along with other tips and updates we have to share!

=