fbpx

STUCK AT HOME (TOGETHER)

This is Where
We Connect
Notifications
Clear all

New Normal  

(@frank)

COVID has changed the "normal" of our every day lives. What was another time your "normal" changed?

3 Replies
(@pranelli)

New Normal.  I go back to 1980 when I worked as a civilian triage pharmacist at Fort McCoy, WI for the Cuban-Haitian Resettlement Project (aka Marielitos). It was a surreal experience that became normal, 10-12h days, living on an old military base, having limited supplies, eating at a mess, then repeat the next day, 7 days a week. Worked with all kinds of patients and staff, including interpreters. We were all captive up to a point. You lived and worked in this bubble that became your normal and felt out of place when it was over. for me it was June to November and it felt like years . . . in a good way.

A FB group to find people who worked there (I'm in the middle of the picture 40 years ago): https://www.facebook.com/groups/CHRTF/

2 Replies
(@frank)

@pranelli Wow, that sounds intense! It has always interested me how the most intense experiences also bond people together so tightly. 

(@pranelli)

@frank It sure was intense. Thank you for commenting. So many stories from that time, including the Great Sandal Riot. I'll explain another day.

Share:

Make. Share. Reflect.

NOTE:  We’re glad you’re here to explore these forums, but to join in the discussions you’ll need to login or register.

Our Community Forums are a place for us to contribute our ideas, thoughts, and feelings about these strange days through creativity, plus respond to what others are sharing in the conversation.

Click to try our Story Share forum in reply to the prompt questions we offer to “prime the pump.”

Click to dive into our Creativity Challenges to step into a new way of interacting with people and situations.

Don’t forget, creativity takes many forms! From doodling to gardening, poetry to photography, writing to singing, and everything in between. They all help us get to know more about the real you.  And we can’t wait to hear!

Host Your Own Creative Social

We’ve put together a step-by-step plan you can download that makes it easy!

Subscribe to
Stuck at Home (together)!

We'll let you know when new Creativity Challenges are available, along with other tips and updates we have to share!

=