STUCK AT HOME (TOGETHER)
If you can, assemble the people you live with or invite a group of friends, colleagues, or family virtually to do the activity together. Otherwise, feel free to do this exercise alone.
- Collect enough paper and markers/pencils/pens so that everyone has different drawing implements to choose from.
- Each person should think of a topic or subject related to our social distancing experience. It could be concrete ideas, such as home or family; or could be a more abstract idea such as safety, community, recovery, or hope.
- One person picks a word from their list and shares it with the group.
- Everyone then responds to the word by drawing for 5 mins. It’s important for people to continue to draw, embellish, add new ideas for the whole time.
- Once the time is up, people can take turns sharing their drawings.
- Keep drawing until everyone has had a chance to share a word with the group. Do people have a favorite drawing?
- Select one or two drawings to share below, making sure you share the ‘word’ that inspired the drawing as a caption.
LOUNGE – Scenes from the couch...
Love this idea, can't wait to try with my family
I met two friends on Zoom for the drawing challenge. We did 3 minute drawings (due to kid distractions). It was really fun to think of words and then draw each one. I loved seeing each person's style and expression of the word. The three words we picked are: hiding, baking and comfort.
Thankyou for this drawing challenge, and today's gathering with Aaron Meshon! Fabulous. And comforting
Make. Share. Reflect.
Our Community Forums are a place for us to contribute our ideas, thoughts, and feelings about these strange days through creativity, plus respond to what others are sharing in the conversation.
Don’t forget, creativity takes many forms! From doodling to gardening, poetry to photography, writing to singing, and everything in between. They all help us get to know more about the real you. And we can’t wait to hear!
Host Your Own Creative Social
We’ve put together a step-by-step plan you can download that makes it easy!
Stuck at Home (together)!
We'll let you know when new Creativity Challenges are available, along with other tips and updates we have to share!