Group Curriculum & events
How can we help you help your community feel less lonely?
According to Cigna’s January 2020 Loneliness Index, 3 in 5 or 61% of American adults report that they are lonely, representing a 7% increase from 2018. Another study found that loneliness increases mortality risk by 30%—the same as smoking 15 cigarettes per day.
As widespread as the loneliness epidemic is among the general population, there are also particular affinity groups that are even more vulnerable to feelings of social isolation and loneliness, such as individuals facing chronic illnesses, physical challenges, and addiction, as well as caregivers and veterans.
Our Community UnLonely programs utilize creative arts expression, mindfulness, and social-emotional learning to engage employees and foster feelings of connection with colleagues and their workplace. Relying on evidence-based interventions, our innovative approach ensures that programs can be efficiently distributed both digitally and in-person and offers employers evaluation tools and data management support to assess participant engagement and program outcomes.
Working closely with our partners, we design, deploy, and evaluate a targeted approach to meet the specific needs of their employees. Our programs are further positioned to ensure a progression of experiences from awareness-raising to sampling of arts programming to deeper participant engagement that can lead to activated practitioners, who support sustained enrollment and engagement. Programs include:
- UnLonely Impact Events. Raise awareness around the health impacts of loneliness within your community and offer innovative ways to engage in supportive activities
- UnLonely Film Festival Screening Event. Showcase specific aspects of loneliness through the use of short films followed by reflection and creative activities
- Front Row for the UnLonely Film Festival. A co-branded and tailored digital platform that brings the UnLonely Film Festival to your employees to strategically support your members’ mental wellness
- Creativity Challenges. Refreshable content to help stimulate creative experiences in the workplace to reduce stress and anxiety and foster connection and sharing
- Creativity Circles. Digital or in-person support-group model that helps participants reduce loneliness, isolation, and stress while building a sense of connection and resilience
Interested in bringing Community UnLonely to your community? Please contact us at [email protected] to learn more.