Last updated: August 31, 2010
All materials at the Site (“FFAH Content”) are either licensed for use by FFAH or are the copyrighted property of FFAH, unless otherwise attributed, and are protected by national and international laws. FFAH Content may be accessed, downloaded, printed, or transmitted only for personal, non-commercial use. FFAH Content may not be used or redistributed for commercial purposes.
Any attempt to modify any FFAH Content or to defeat or circumvent the FFAH Site’s technical security measures without the prior express written permission of FFAH is prohibited.
FFAH reserves the right to remove any or all FFAH Content, user-submitted content, and other content related to the Site at any time without prior notice. Further, FFAH reserves the right to deny Site access to any user at any time without any prior notice for violation of these Terms and Conditions.
Trademarks: The names of companies, products, and services mentioned on the Site may be the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. You may not use any trademarks or service marks found on the Site without the prior express written permission of the mark’s rightful owner. All rights are reserved.
You agree not to use the Site to:
- Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any material or content:
- That is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, false or inaccurate, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- That you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary information, and confidential information, learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); or
- That infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party.
- That may be deemed to be lobbying or electioneering communications within the meaning of applicable federal law;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, or any other form of solicitation;
- Post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Site or servers or networks connected to the site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- Launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots”, “spiders”, or “offline readers” that accesses the website in a manner that sends more request messages to the Site’s servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser;
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, FFAH grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. FFAH reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
- Violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law, intentionally or unintentionally;
- Stalk or otherwise harass another; and/or
- Collect or store personal data about users.
Many of the photos used in this site have been provided by individual photographers and may not be copied or otherwise used without explicit permission from the photographers. Please contact us if you are interested in copying or otherwise using these images.
Neither FFAH, any of its affiliates, nor any other party authorized to post information on the Site is engaged in providing counseling, financial, legal, or other professional advice or services of any kind via the Site. Any such advice or counseling will be communicated via methods other than the Site.
Disclaimer of Warranties
To the fullest extent permitted by law, FFAH, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, trustees, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Site and your use thereof. You agree that your use of the Site is at your sole risk. FFAH makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Site’s content or the content of any sites linked to this site and assumes no liability or responsibility for any:
- Errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- Personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Site;
- Unauthorized access to or use of FFAH’s secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein;
- Interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Site;
- Bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Site by any third party; and/or
- Loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Site.
Limitation of Liability
FFAH, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, trustees, and agents will not be liable for any damages or injury that accompany or result from your use of this site. You agree that your use of the Site is undertaken at your own risk, and you agree not to sue FFAH for any remedies whatsoever stemming from your use of the Site. In no event shall FFAH, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, trustees, or agents be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any:
- Errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- Personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of our website;
- Unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein;
- Interruption or cessation of transmission to or from our website;
- Bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through our website by any third party; and/or
- Loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not FFAH is advised of the possibility of such damages.
The foregoing limitation of liability will apply to the extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction, and this disclaimer is intended to disclaim negligence wherever permissible by law.
The Site is controlled and offered by FFAH from its facilities in the United States of America. FFAH makes no representations that the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Site from other jurisdictions do so at their own risk, according to their own volition, and are responsible for compliance with local law.
Certain state laws may not allow FFAH to limit or exclude liability for incidental or consequential damages. If you live in a state where laws in some cases prohibit limitation or exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, some or all of the above limitation arguably may not apply to you. But, in any event, FFAH’s liability to you for any and all losses, damages, injuries, and claims of any kind will not be greater than the amount you paid to access the Site.
Linked Sites, Including Linked Donation Management Sites
Any non-FFAH websites which are linked to or from the Site (“Linked Sites”), including without limitation donation management sites administered by third parties, are independently operated and managed by entities or individuals other than FFAH. Any links provided to third party websites outside of this site are provided solely for your convenience. The operation and content of Linked Sites is beyond our control, and we do not endorse or warrant in any manner whatsoever, or accept any responsibility for, the content or other material that may be contained on Linked Sites, the use of Linked Sites, or any products or services advertised on or sold through any Linked Sites.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FFAH, its affiliates, related parties, officers, directors, employees, trustees, agents independent contractors, advertisers, partners, and co-branders from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney’s fees, that may be made by any third party, that is due to or arising out of your conduct or connection with the Site or service, your submission of content, your violation of any applicable law or these Terms and Conditions of Use, or any other violation of the rights of another person or party.
The above Terms and Conditions will be governed by the law of the State of New York, U.S.A, excluding its conflicts of law rules. You expressly agree that the exclusive jurisdiction for any claim or action arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions or your use of this site shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in New York, New York.
These Terms and Conditions, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by FFAH without restriction.
You and FFAH agree that any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the website must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such claim or cause of action is permanently barred.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Possible evidence of use of this site for illegal purposes will be provided to law enforcement authorities.
If you have comments or questions, please contact us at:
Foundation for Art & Healing
77 Stearns Road
Brookline, MA 02446
Last updated:August 31, 2010
FFAH recognizes that visitors to our website are entitled to know how we collect, use, and maintain information we collect or may collect about them. This Policy explains what information we may collect, how we may use that information, with whom we may share that information and related information.
Modifications to the Policy
We may update this Policy as we deem necessary. You should be sure to reread this policy in its entirety from time to time. In the event of changes, we may post a notice of such a revision to this Policy on this site’s homepage or we may email you such notice at an email address you have provided to FFAH.
Non Personally Identifiable Information: We may gather certain information about website use, including the number of unique visitors, the frequency with which they visit, and the programs and services preferred. We look at the data in summary form, rather than on an individual basis. We gather this information so we can learn how many people visit our site, see which pages are the most and least viewed, identify which websites are referring visitors to our site, and related information. The data helps us determine the extent to which visitors use certain parts of our website. Thus, we use this information to help us in restructuring our site to better meet the needs of our constituency.
In connection with these activities we may use some of the below mentioned tools.
We collect and analyze traffic on our website by keeping track of the IP addresses of our visitors. An IP address is the unique numeric identifier assigned to each computer browser accessing the Internet. An IP address, by itself, cannot identify you personally. However, when combined with other information provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your IP address can be used to identify the computer originating a message.
Personally Identifiable Information: We will only collect personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide, whether through signing up for our email newsletter, registering to make a donation, or registering to volunteer.
By submitting personal information to us directly or through third parties, you agree that we may use the information in accordance with this Policy.
We may use your information to contact you about other activities and/or fundraising campaigns or as otherwise disclosed to you at the point of collection, and we may share your information with our affiliates and partners and any other organizations or entities for similar purposes. Additionally, to the extent required by applicable federal or state law, we will provide this information to others. To be clear, we may share personally and non-personally identifiable information with third parties that help manage our website and databases as well as with our partners, affiliates, or other third parties.
- If in connection with certain aspects of our website or a linked third-party website you provide us with your address, phone number, mobile phone number, or email address, we may use this information to contact you about issues that we believe will be of interest to you.
- If you make an online donation to us, your information will be added to one or more of our supporter lists and databases, and you may be contacted in the future to make donations to FFAH.
- If you choose to volunteer with us, your information will be added to one or more of our supporter lists and databases, and you may be contacted in the future about volunteer opportunities with FFAH.
By submitting this information to us, you give us permission to receive it, review it, edit it, store it, post it on our website, and use it in appropriate settings designed to illustrate the viewpoint of FFAH.
You should be aware that we use third-party vendors to provide services on this site and in our offline business operations. The information that you submit on this site may be provided to those vendors on a confidential basis so that those vendors can provide services (such as processing volunteer information, maintaining our databases, sending email messages to our visitors, facilitating our fundraising activities and campaigns, or processing credit card donations) on our behalf.
We also reserve the right to share personal information you provide with legal authorities if it is, in our sole opinion, necessary to investigate, prevent, or otherwise take action regarding suspected fraud, situations involving threats or potential harm, or if otherwise required by law (such as by a subpoena, court order, or other legal means). In the event that we reasonably believe that you have violated any of the Terms of Conditions governing your use of this site, we reserve the right to use any information we have collected about you in connection with any efforts we make or made by any of our agents on our behalf.
Financial Information You Choose to Provide: If you choose to make an online donation via credit card, you will be taken to a third-party website where you will be asked to provide your credit card billing information. All financial information and billing will be handled by the third-party website.
Information submitted via the Internet, including through a web page or email is subject to interception or incorrect routing, and the Internet is not a fully secure communications channel. Please consider this prior to submitting any information to us via this website.
While we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Help Is Needed
Remember, breaches of security also can occur when users are not vigilant in protecting their own information. The next section of our Policy suggests some actions you can take to help control the security of your personal information
You have control over your own privacy. Think carefully before providing any personal or financial information online.
No email or Web transmission is completely secure against interception. If you are worried because your communication is very sensitive, do not send it electronically.
When you write to us or send us submissions, if you desire to remain anonymous, you should not tell us your name, the names of other users, or of your friends. To fully protect your privacy, you should try to exclude any information that you think may identify you or others.
How to Unsubscribe or Contact Us About Your Information
If you do not want to receive any email from us in the future, click the “unsubscribe” reference in any email we send you. Otherwise,you may click here to complete the opt-out process, or send a letter to the below address requesting that we unsubscribe you from our contact lists. Note that absent a specific request your records will remain in our database, but your email address will be deactivated.
If you wish to review the contact information we have on file for you, correct your contact information, provide a change of address, or inform us how you wish your contact information to be used, or if you have any questions or concerns about how we have used information we have collected about you, please contact us at the following:
Foundation for Art & Healing
77 Stearns Road
Brookline, MA 02446